Are you drinking enough this summer??????
Every day you lose water through your breath, perspiration, urine and bowel movements. For your body to function properly, you must replenish its water supply by consuming beverages and foods that contain water. Water is essential to good health, yet needs vary by individual. These guidelines can help ensure you drink enough fluids.
- Drink at least 2- 2.5 litres a day, Eat healthy food, fresh fruits.
- Drink a glass of water or other calorie-free or low-calorie beverage with each meal and between each meal.
- Drink water before, during and after exercise
- Instead of regular tea, drink herbal tea or lemon tea.
- Replace calorie-filled beverages with water, and drink a glass before meals to help you feel fuller.
- The right amount of water will help your heart pump your blood more effectively.
- Drinking water helps prevent muscle cramping and lubricates joints in the body.
- Drinking water hydrates skin cells and plumps them up, making your face look young
- It also flushes out impurities and improves circulation and blood flow, helping your skin glow.
- Water helps dissolve waste particles and passes them smoothly through your digestive tract.
- If you’re dehydrated, your body absorbs all the water, leaving your colon dry and making it more difficult to pass waste.