Knowing that you have UTI and remedying it in simple steps
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) is one of the most common problems faced by people (and mostly women). The hectic life of the modern times, lack of proper eating schedules and not drinking enough water are the main causes behind the recurring symptoms of UTI. It is important to identify the symptoms in time to make sure that you get the right treatment.
The top five symptoms of UTI are as follows:
- The burning sensation when you go to pee. This the surest sign that you are at the risk of infection in the urinary tract or the infection is just starting. Before it spreads any further you must visit your doctor.
- The bacteria attack the bladder in such a way that you are not able to fully empty your bladder anytime. So you keep on feeling the intense urge to pee but very little of the pee comes out.
- Pain in the lower abdominal region while you pee is another warning sign that you are under the attack of the infection. The same pain persists in the back too while peeing.
- The infection leads the urine to smell foul or look cloudy and dark or even bloody. If any of these things is noticed in your urine, call up your doctor right now.
- You will get fevers or chills and feel tired and shaky if the infection has went as far as to reach your kidney.
The top six remedies of UTI are as follows:
- The first thing to do is to get you enough water to drink. Drinking water flushes away the toxins and the bacteria that cause the infection leading you on the path of recovery much faster.
- Have foods that are high on vitamin C because that makes the urine acidic. The acidic nature of urine kills the bacteria growing in the urinary tract. Thus the problem is cured at the initial stage itself.
- Cut off those things from your diet that can act as irritants to the bladder and urinary tract. Some of the things on the cut off list include alcohol, spicy food and carbonated drinks.
- Do not keep holding the pee in for a long time. Work can wait but your body cannot. So go and empty your bladder whenever you feel the urge.
- Keep your underwear clean at all times. It is better if you switch to cotton underwear and not synthetic ones. The cotton ones are soft and let your private partbreathes which is much needed if you want to avoid any infection.
- UTI can turn out to be really painful and applying things like heating pads can really soothe the pain and ease out the discomfort. Use the personal hygiene products that are free from any kind of chemical fragrances. The chemicals in these products can act as detrimental to your body.
The website Pee Buddy says that the healthy bladder and urinary tract can solve a number of health issues. You can visit the website to know more about sanitation and personal hygiene do-s and don’t-s.