Bleeding and pain are not the only concerns that are connected with periods. Periods also entail constant dampness, rashes and skin infections, due to the convention of using sanitary pads.
Sirona has designed a silicone-based menstrual cup to address these problems and make periods hassle-free. It provides you leak-proof protection and enables you to indulge in sport activities like swimming, cycling, running. It is a cleaner, healthier and more sustainable option for you as well as the environment.
Sirona Menstrual Cup is for those who care for their health and the environment. Worn internally, it collects 15ml+ of menstrual blood while maintaining the natural vaginal pH without drying it out. The cup gives you 8-10 hours’ leak-proof protection with the freedom of indulging in sports, travel and other activities. Made of high-quality silicone, it is reusable (up to 10 years) and thus eco-friendly, unlike disposable sanitary products, a lot of which create waste.
- Single Cup Lasts Up To 15 years : With proper care and cleansing, Sirona’s Re-Usable Menstrual Cup can be used up to 10 years, which can minimize the monthly creation of sanitary waste and even save the environment. In the long term, the cup is also financially a more viable option than pads.
- Amazing Flexibility : Sirona’s Menstrual Cups are highly flexible to fit you perfectly. Thanks to its design, it is an ideal menstrual aid for swimming, all other kinds of sports, travelling and common daily chores!
- Spill-proof & Leakage Proof : Made with 100% medical-grade liquid silicone, the cups are highly flexible to fit perfectly and collect blood without spillage. The rim of the cup creates a vacuum seal around your vaginal walls, ensuring reliable, leak-free protection.
- No Odour & Infection : Say no to odour with Sirona's easy-to-use menstrual cup. Made with medical-grade silicone, the cups do not release any odour like other sanitary products, hence saving you from the embarrassment. Also, it doesn't absorb the blood, but collects it, diminishing any chances of infections.
- Good for the environment : On average, a woman uses approximately ~11,000 pads during her lifetime, which end up in the landfills, creating toxic waste. Moreover, each of these pads takes almost 500-800 years to decompose. This cup saves the environment by minimising sanitary waste.
HOW TO SELECT YOUR SIZE:
HOW TO USE:
STEP 1. STERILIZE: Disinfect the cup before every use by washing and putting in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. (you can use Sirona’s Menstrual Cup Sterilizer for best results)
STEP 2. FOLD: Take the cup with clean hands and fold its rim twice. There are many ways of folding it, like C-fold or punch down fold (the cup is highly flexible because of the good quality silicone). You can try whichever fold suits you best.
STEP 3. INSERT: Find a quite place and give yourself time. Take a deep breath and try to relax. Hold the cup at an angle (not straight up) aiming towards the base of your spine. Gently separate the labia with your free hand and then push the curved edge of the folded cup into the vaginal opening, until it is all the way in.(To facilitate smoother insertion, you can squat down with knees spread open or even moisten the cup with water-based lubrication gel. The end of the cup should be sitting no more than one cm from the vaginal opening.)
STEP 4. PLACEMENT: Once properly inserted, the cup will pop open and remain in place with the aid of your vaginal muscles. It should feel smooth, comfortable and unobtrusive. Run a finger around the side of the cup. If you can still feel folds in it, this implies it hasn’t opened properly. Pinch the base of the cup (not the stem) to turn it and let it unfold completely. Creating a vacuum seal, it will ensure zero-leakage.
STEP 5. USE: The menstrual cup retains at least 0.5-28ml of menstrual blood. Thanks to its design, it is an ideal menstrual aid for all kinds of sports, traveling or common daily usage. The cup can be used safely up to 12 hours daily (as per individual flow) and at night as well. You do not have to remove your cup to urinate. Sometimes when you defecate the cup might fall out of place, thus you have to remove it and reinsert it.
STEP 6. REMOVAL: Wash your hands and relax. Sit or squat with your legs apart and push down your stomach muscles. Using your thumb and two fingers feel the base of the cup and squeeze it to release suction. (If you cannot feel the cup, just breathe and push down with your inner muscles). Gripping the base (not the stem), slowly pull it out. When the base of the cup is almost out, carefully push the cup on one side with your finger to remove half of the rim, so that the other half comes out easily. This ensures the cup slides out while remaining upright to avoid spilling the content.
STEP 7. EMPTY: Empty the contents of the cup into the toilet pot. Depending on the menstrual ﬂow, empty the cup approximately 2-5 times daily. Rinse the cup with water before inserting it back in. (you can use Sirona’s Menstrual Cup Wash within the cycle for optimum cleanliness)
STEP 8. STERILIZE: Before keeping it away for use in the next cycle, clean the cup thoroughly with Sirona’s Menstrual Cup Wash. Sterilize the cup using Sirona Menstrual Cup Sterilizer.
DO'S & DON'TS
- Always wash your hands before use.
- If the menstrual cup causes discomfort or leaks, then it may not be positioned well.
- If you have a fever or pain, remove the cup and seek medical advice.
- The menstrual cup can be used safely at night.
- Empty the cup every 2 to 5 times a day.
- The menstrual cup is not a contraceptive and cannot act like protection from sexually transmitted infections.
How to Use
Gently press the top front & back to pop open the Peebuddy funnel.
Move your panties aside. Place the open end of the funnel between your legs,right under the flow area.
Tilt the hips, bend a little, ensure the funnel is tilted downwards, relax & pee.
Dispose off in the dustbin.